Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Lingering Life

A Lingering Life. That is what I want. To linger. To enjoy the small moments, the small pleasures of life. After all, isn't that what life is all about? The small moments, the quiet moments, the simple pleasures. In this fast moving, material world that we live in, I get so easily caught up in Stuff, instead of Life. Trying to move ahead, get the next best thing, cross the next 'to do' off my list, get to the next appointment. In doing so, I found that I so often missed Life. For I have discovered that Life is not in the big moments, but the small details. I want to linger in those small details. To linger over a great game of cards, a wonderful glass of wine, to linger with my son's laugh, or my husbands thoughts, to linger with the peace and rest of my Lord, a good book, and a great craft project, a warm fire, a filling meal, a beautiful sunset. These are the things that matter to me, and the things I want to spend my time in. To linger in the moment of a Lingering Life.
I want to explore these moments in this blog...won't you come linger with me???

No comments:

Post a Comment