Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pillows!

Well! I had no internet all day yesterday and all day I went around going "I wish I could look this up online...Oh, I want to check this out online...Oh, I wonder what that is, I could look it up online..." Then, when the internet was finally fixed, I spent ten minutes on it and thought "well, that was fun, now I want to do something else"! It is amazing to me how much the internet becomes a part of life, and in the end, how very unimportant it really is!

Anyway, now that I am back online, I thought I would share some sewing...we just got a new couch, and every new couch needs new pillows! So, I went to the store and bought two beautiful, expensive, silk, embroidered, down-filled pillows. My the were expensive! My they were beautiful! Even DH liked them! (Shock!) I brought them home and put them on the couch...and they didn't seem right. That's when I realized, I don't have a "beautiful, silk, embroidered, expensive pillow" life! =) I have a "two babies who aren't potty trained yet, play dough and cheerios, dog who eats everything" life! So, the pillows went and instead I created these:
I made inserts with old sheeting, and the covers are made from a curtain panel and a ripped duvet cover.

That's much better!

They needed a throw to go with them, so I put this lap quilt together and now I am happy and comfortable on my new couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment